Hello............


Hello and welcome to my visual sketchbook: to log all the art ventures I immerse myself in. Snippets of my work can be found on here along with classes I teach, exhibitions I am inspired by and anything that generally makes me smile.

Please beware I am not the best and 'once in a blue moons' are plentiful here. Have fun looking and feel free to drop me a line with your comments. You can if you so wish follow me on Facebook Angela Lai Yen - Printmaker and Textile Artist.

Bye for now.







18 March, 2012

A day at the Barn......


Here's a little piece I made ready to show for Spring in the Barn, and just in time for Mother's Day too. I normally shy away from hand-sewing but I really enjoyed making this piece, I love vintage buttons and at the moment I'm happy playing with text. If you can think of any interesting phrases let me know, and I may just sew a little.

This piece demonstrates that I'm not much of a neat sewer but thats just me.


I had a lovely day at the Barn surrounded by masses of bunting, indulging in butternut squash soup and meet lots of interesting and very talented people. Have a look at Julia Davey - lovely ceramic pieces with delicate drawings, I'm very much a fan. http://juliadavey.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment