Hello............


Hello and welcome to my visual sketchbook: to log all the art ventures I immerse myself in. Snippets of my work can be found on here along with classes I teach, exhibitions I am inspired by and anything that generally makes me smile.

Please beware I am not the best and 'once in a blue moons' are plentiful here. Have fun looking and feel free to drop me a line with your comments. You can if you so wish follow me on Facebook Angela Lai Yen - Printmaker and Textile Artist.

Bye for now.







22 May, 2012

Stitching names....

I've been itching to show you a commission I've done for a Christian present recently. I'm actually really pleased with this piece: a mixture of free-motion embroidery and hand stitching along with pretty embellishments. Fingers crossed the receivers like it too.

At the moment, my sewing as taken a back seat but don't worry I am doing little bits. I'm enjoying writing on my trusty husky star so watch out for more stitched names and messages....

P.S Another text piece I was pleased with: a shop sign for a particular lovely haberdashery sewing school.......can you guess which one? I love the retro colours here.

No comments:

Post a Comment